Monday, November 7, 2011

Paperwhites

I can't believe its already November, which means it's time to plant paperwhites. They are really easy to plant and are the perfect natural Christmas touch. Don't have a green thumb? No worries, anyone can grow paperwhites. All you need is some pebbles, containers and bulbs. Fill your container half way with the pebbles and place the bulbs directly on top of the pebbles. Water about once a week and in a few weeks you'll have some lovely flowers. I like using a clear glass or more rustic looking container but anything will work. They will look just like this:


I have always grown them on pebbles but I think I'm going to try and plant some in my flower boxes outside this year. Hopefully it turns out. If you want them around all season long, plant in batches. That way you'll always have some in bloom. They are also the perfect hostess gift for holiday parties. Here are some photos for inspiration:

sofa table with topiaries

Pinned Image



centerpiece of paperwhites

[paperwhites+in+glass+containers+via+Real+Simple.jpg]

Happy Planting!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...