Monday, August 29, 2011

Wall Collage




I have always loved wall collages, and have always had some form of them in my house. So with this new house, I knew I wanted to put one up. My husband and I have also had many a "tiffs" whilst hanging our wall collages. Let's just say I'm like, "a little to the right", and he is like "it's totally straight". So this time around I was determined to get it right, and I attempted to do it on my own.

I had seen pictures of tracing and cutting all the frames you want to hang and marking where the nails would go. This sounded like a no-fail solution....and it almost was. Haven't seen what I'm talking about, here are some examples:


So I had my wall, chose the frames I wanted and began taping. I also knew I wanted to make a complete rectangle which ended up being a little tricky because you need to make sure you have enough/the right size frames to do so. Here are my lessons learned:

1. Just because you have the exact same picture frame, from the same store and the same size does not mean the hook to mount the picture is in the same place. I had 3 of the same frame and just made 3 copies, didn't work. You see for some reason each had the picture hanger in a slightly different place, which ended up in crooked, not equally spaced pictures.

2. Double check where your hooks are on your frames compared to where you have marked them on your paper. I had a bit of a problem when I put a nail in to where the hook was apparently going to be, only for it to be two inches off.

3. Enlist your husband to help you, because at the end of the day he is going to want to help you anyways.

Here are some pictures of the process:


A little help from the husband:

The final result:




2 comments:

britt said...

love it!

FenixSEO said...

Hi guys,
Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone seek 10 Stk. GedoTec® Wandhaken Montagehaken Allzweckhaken aus Stahl I think this is the right place for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...