Thursday, August 25, 2011

Month of Meals- September

I cannot believe it is the end of August! I have spent the past week and a half moving {hence the blog neglect}. Who would have thought one could accumulate so much stuff in 4 years of marriage. We are really excited about our new place. I'll post pictures soon. I had a few minutes of downtime when the cable guy was here and I was waiting for Pottery Barn to come deliver our new couches {yay!} to put together September's meals.

My meal plan for the end of August has been a complete failure. Between packing, moving and more packing our dinners have been sad. Last night I tried to serve leftovers of a frozen meal I think I made back in May {maybe April}. Hopefully September will be more of a success. And thanks to my obsession with Pinterest, I hopefully have made some of my meal planning a lot easier. I am a big fan of cook books with pictures; I like to see how things are supposed to look before I make them. I searched "healthy dinners" within Pinterests' Food page and found some great recipes, all with awesome photos. I then pinned them to my new board "What's for Dinner". You can check out the recipes I've chosen here. All I have to do is go to the board, click on the image and it will direct me to the recipe source.

I also added a few of my own as well as some from this month's Cooking Light. Hopefully I'll have more success in this upcoming month! Here are a few things that are on the menu:

Tortellini Primavera {pinterest}
Stir Fry Chinese Egg Noodles {CL}
Garlic Lemon Chicken {pinterest}
Chicken & Roasted Garlic Lasagna {pinterest}
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken {pinterest}
Chicken Tostadas & Avocado Dressing {CL}
Chimichuri Chicken/Pork {Mom's Recipe}
Lettuce Wraps {a staple in our house}
Waldorf Salad {CL}
BBQ Chicken Salad {CL}
Panko Crusted Chicken Salad {another staple}
Cheese Ravioli with Pesto {CL}

I know you see we eat a lot of chicken. I haven't eaten red meat in over 15 years and my husband doesn't eat fish so basically my choices are chicken, pork, and more chicken. I'll throw turkey into the mix every now and again.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...