Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Month of Meals - January and a New Year's Resolution

I know it is the 3rd, so technically I'm already late on one of my New Year's Resolutions. I really want to stick with my calendar that I prepare for my monthly meals. I feel like I fell off the band wagon late in 2011 and you could definitely tell by what was for dinner. Another one of my resolutions that goes hand in hand with my meal planning is spending less money on groceries all together. I try and buy as much organic as I can and I know that can be a bit more pricy, but I want to be more conscious of what I put in the cart. Hopefully with a meal plan on the fridge and being more conscious when I shop I can cook up some successful meals and keep some $$$ in the bank.

I actually went through my recipe book {If you don't have one I highly recommend getting a 3 ring binder, adding a few tabs and putting all your recipes into page protectors. It's a great way to keep good recipes.} and found I really had made a few good recipes last year. So January is tending to look like the "best recipes of 2011". Here are a few of my favorites:

Cooking Light Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata
Lasagna
Stubbs Pork Marinade Crock Pot Pork Tacos
Lemon Roasted Chicken
Picky Palate Enchilada Bake
Picky Palate Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs


I'm going to attempt to photograph and share one dinner recipe a week with you all. Hopefully that will help me spruce up my meals. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...