Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fall

I can officially say that it is finally starting to feel like fall here in Southern California. We had the hottest days of the year earlier in the week {thought I was going to melt} but it has finally cooled off and that fall feeling is in the air. We actually woke up to thunderstorms this morning which is especially unusual this time of the year, well any time of the year. It was kind of nice and was a good excuse to have a relaxing morning. Husband went surfing, which is probably not the smartest thing to do but it's not like I was going to stop him.

I love the fall, we got married in the fall, husband's birthday is in the fall, love a good fall meal, college football, throwing on a scarf, etc...As much as I love the fall I hate Halloween. I'm not a big fan of dressing up, don't like to be scared {AT ALL}, just not a fan. This hatred probably stemmed from an itchy fairy costume in the kindergarten Halloween parade and I remember it like it was yesterday. Maybe I'll enjoy it more now that I have a cute baby to dress up {already got her costume}. Needless to say I don't really decorate for Halloween but I do like some fall decor around the house. I was looking for some inspiration of a cute fall wreath for the front door. Here are some ideas I found on Etsy. The links to the individual shops are below.

Recycled Beautiful Brown Paper Wreath

Preserved Autumn Oak Leaf Wreath

And my favorite that I'm going to try and DIY {husband asked what DIY stands for last night, oh I have so many things still to teach him}:
Fall Wreath - It's The GREAT Pumpkin Wreath with Burlap Bow - Original


Happy Fall!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...