Sunday, July 31, 2011

Month of Meals- August

We returned home from Hawaii today and I realized it was already the 31st! Just in time for me to figure out what we are going to have for dinner the next month. I must admit I kind of failed at cooking what I had planned the last week or so of July. We were leaving for vacation and I wanted to clear out the pantry and fridge. Let's just say it was very successful, with beer and condiments left to eat and baby rice cereal in the pantry. See????

And it looks like some leftovers...that are now 2 weeks old!


I pulled out my August cooking light and began tearing out pages of what looked good. I also printed this super cute dinner calendar from Emily at Jones Design Company. I subscribed to the monthly printables in which she gives you some super cute calendars, note cards, etc... to print each month. My meal plan will now look pretty on the fridge! Check out what she has here.

CookingLight was able to provide about 80% new meals but I still had some days I was trying to figure out what to make. I asked Drew if he felt like anything special to which he asked if I could make some old favorites (meatloaf, tacos, lasagna). I guess with all these new meals it is nice to have an old classic every now and then. Here are some of the recipes from CookingLight. You can search the recipes here.

Linguine with Quick Lemon Ricotta
Cumin Spiced Chickpeas with Carrots and Couscous
Shredded Chicken Tacos
Herbed White Bean Salad with Shrimp
Avocado Corn Chowder with Chicken
Cuban Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Summer Veggie Pizza
Rice Noodle Salad
Ginger Asparagas Stir Fry

And some old classics:
Pork Chops with Apple Sauce
Roasted Chicken
BBQ Chicken with grilled veggies
Lemon Chicken
Pasta Salad
Turkey Meatloaf
Lettuce Wraps
Taco Bar
Hamburgers

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...