Thursday, January 3, 2013

Month of Meals {January}

I've said it again and again, "this month I'm going to start planning my meals". And I have, just not as consistently as I would like. Since it's the start to a new year, why not say it again. I use a combination of websites, Pinterest, cook books and my own recipes when coming up with things to make. I plan for cooking Sunday-Friday, with Thursdays open for left-overs. We usually eat out Saturday night. 

Here's what I've come up with for January {links to recipe when available}:

Jan 1-5
Chimichuri Steak & Chicken

Jan 6-12
Lettuce Wraps
Chicken Tacos

Jan 13-19
Stir Fry

Jan 20-16
Taco Salad
BBQ Chicken with Polenta Potatoes

January 27-31
BBQ Pork
Chicken Noodle Soup
Pesto Chicken Pasta
Pepper Crockpot Chicken

Note: I try and cook as healthy as possible. If a recipe calls for cream or butter, you can guarantee I swap it out for milk and olive oil. I also make a grocery list at the beginning of each week so I can go through the pantry and mark off what I already have and get everything I need. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...