Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY Headboard

I have always wanted an upholstered headboard and at $500 it is definitely cheaper than going for a wood frame bed. I also like furniture that isn't all matchy-matchy. I'm not sure I'm ready to make the decision of what bed frame I want for the long haul, but for less than $100 am willing to try and make an upholstered headboard for the time being. I searched the web and the best tutorial I found was from censationalgirl.com. She gives step by step instructions and lists the best supplies to use.

I bought my fabric ($6/yard on deep discount at JoAnns), nailheads (bought online for $20) and batting. I just need to go to Home Depot and buy my ply wood and I'm set to go.

We're off to Northern California for a wedding and some wine tasting this weekend but I'm hoping to have it done next week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...